Featured blogger- FifthSparrow






IMG_2440


IMG_2458.CR2


IMG_2438


1


My Photo
Fifth Sparrow


Manitoba, Canada


My name is Louise, I'm a girl who has a crush on fashion. I live in a small town in the middle of Manitoba, Canada and I enjoy taking pictures of my outfits. Aside from fashion, I love art, cupcakes, adventures and my cat. I've just started a small styling business and am really loving it! 



How do you get your inspiration for the outfits you wear ?
hmm... you would think I'd have an answer for this by now! Obviously other stylish girls influence me, I try to not copy though. I always try to put my own spin on it or just take abstract inspiration from them. Maybe its the colours that they've paired together or a different way of wearing a current trend. I also get inspired by odd things like nature and decor. I think it's all fair game when it comes to creativity! 

Who has had the biggest fashon influence on your outfits ?
Probably fellow bloggers, they never cease to inspire and influence! They're so much more creative and wear more stylish outfits than most people I know (hey, I live in the middle of Manitoba, Canada!). I love looking through magazines and fashion shows, but I think real girls are just so much more influential. 


IMG_2838


IMG_2845.CR2

What made you start posting your pictures on chictopia ? 
When I first started looking at fashion blogs I noticed that all the girls were posting on Chictopia and after checking it out I knew I had to join. It's just such an awesome community, I LOVE how amazing and positive the vibe is! 

What blogs and websites do you follow and why ? 
The first blog I found was Jessica's What I Wore and I find that it's such a classic, so pretty and vintage. I also adore Teika's Selective Potential, she's just the sweetest girl and I love her carefree and cheerful take on fashion and love. Cupcakes and Cashmere, Le Blog de Betty, Miss Pandora and Wishwishwish are also just some of my faves, so inspiring and unique (even if their budgets are a bit bigger than mine!). There are just so many amazing fashion blogs! 

IMG_2764


IMG_2778

Would you describe yourself as a trendsetter or fashion follower ?
Hmm... probably a happy medium! I try to not let trends dictate my style, if I like something I'll wear it. That being said, I would hardly call myself a trendsetter! Maybe out here in Manitoba I guess, but that's just the whole big fish small pond syndrome I think! 

IMG_2736


IMG_2742

How would you describe your style ? 
Classic, girly, vintage, relaxed. I don't take fashion too seriously, I love having fun with my style! Experimenting and trial and error are great ways to keep things new. Sometimes it works and sometimes it blows up in your face, but hey, at least you tried! 

Does the hosiery you wear dictate the clothes,outfit you wear ?
Oh definitely! Sometimes I'll plan an entire outfit around the tights! They just make such a great statement and add a sense of whimsy.


IMG_2476


IMG_2505

What is in your hosiery drawer or closet ? 
I don't have as large of a collection as I would like, but matte coloured tights make up the majority of my tights, with some stripes and polka dots thrown in!

How do you choose your hosiery ? 
If it makes me smile, it comes home with me! 


IMG_2376


IMG_2394

Where do you shop for hoseiry ? 
There's not much selection here, most of my tights actually come from the local supermarket called Superstore (don't laugh! lol) They have a clothing brand called Joe and it's probably the most fashion forward thing in my town! They make some pretty coloured tights and have a few cool patterns. I would love love love to have some better tights to add so my wardrobe, I'm thinking that I'll splurge on a few key pairs in the Fall! Tights are just too awesome to not own some fancy ones! 

IMG_0702


IMG_0759


IMG_0738

What was the last item of hosiery you brought, how much you spent etc ?
The last pair was some grey knee highs that were $4. Big spender, right?

Do you prefer sheer or opaque tights,stockings or holdups,socks or kneehighs,sheer toe or reinforced ? 
Augh, can I say all of the above? Depending on my mood and outfit I love all of them, there are just so many great tights!

IMG_1921


IMG_1978

Do you ever wear 10 denier tights or sheer hose if so how long do they last you ?
Well, I have a pair of sheer, black, polka dot tights that I adore, I've bought 3 pairs of them so far. They only last me one wearing though! It breaks my heart each time I wear them, but I'm still smitten! 

How does wearing tights make you feel emotionally ? More feminine,better with girly outfits not thought about it ?
Definitely more feminine and girly. They're so retro and womanly. I instantly feel happier and more put together when I have tights on. 

Do you physically like the feel of tights and touch ? Do your legs ache less, prefer than pants ? not thought about it ?
I feel flexible when I wear tights, is that odd?? Haha I think that comes from my dance background and wearing them all the time for performances! I love how they feel, so smooth and comfy! 

IMG_0847


IMG_0892

When do you wear hosiery,daily-once a week etc ?
In the Fall, Winter and early Spring I wear tights about 4 times a week. I don't really love pants and it's WAY too cold here to go without some leg coverage until Summer. I also happen to love how awesome tights look with 95% of clothes! 


What is your hosiery staple ? 
The pair I always seem to always go back to is an eggplant coloured pair I got when I was last in England. They feel amazing, have the best colour and, strangely, go with everything. Also, no runs yet!! 


IMG_1463


IMG_1469


IMG_1434


IMG_1427

What are your style tips for wearing tights ?
Have fun with them! Try different combinations, layer, play with the prints! 

How do you put on tights?
Haha, I would call it a Flamingo Style. I stand on one leg and put each leg in separately! 

Do you keep a spare pair of tights in your bag ?
Only in the Winter, when sometimes you have to layer to not get frost bite! 

IMG_2025


IMG_2034

The best and worst things about hosiery, Love-hate ?
Hate: Runs!! It's heartbreaking when they ruin your favorite pairs! 
Love: How they can pull together an entire outfit, make you feel more confident and girly and are so much fun! How can you not smile when you see someone wearing polka-dot tights?!

Do you recycle your tights ?
Yup! If the feet are still good then I fill them with potpourri (yes, I am 23 going on 80!) and put them in my closet to make everything smell gorgeous!