The £7.95 tights it's impossible to ladder? Don't you believe it...




They promise embarrassing ladders will be a thing of the past. The Resistenza 5 ultra sheer tights contain 'revolutionary technology' designed to stop them running.


When a snag occurs the material simply pulls together to stop the hole growing, the makers say. The five denier tights, available in three colours and sizes, cost £7.95 online and will be available at some Debenhams stores next week.

John Roskalns, of manufacturer Levante UK, said: 'If you get a small hole then that is how it will stay – as a hole. It is all thanks to new technology we are using. We have two yarns – one elastane and one nylon which are twisted together to make a stretchy thread.'


Ruth Attridge, of Debenhams, described the tights as the 'Holy Grail of the lingerie drawer'. Below, we put their claims to the test.

Laura Stott Laura Stott

So far, so good: Laura Stott avoids laddering the tights when she dresses, sits on a rough chair and passes  a thorny shrub Is there anything more irritating than laddering your tights? We've all been there. We're at an important occasion and from the front we think we look fantastic. 
But then some kind soul points out that there's a large ladder snaking its way up the back of our thighs. And in an instant the effort we've put in to look good is worthless. 


Laura Stott
Fell at the last hurdle: The tights snagged when Laura took them off

Carrying spare tights might seem the obvious solution – but who has room for them in a clutch bag? 
And as for all those 'quick fix' ripped tights remedies – such as hairspray, nail polish or colouring in your leg with felt tip – categorically, they just don't work. 
So, punks and teenagers aside, ladder-proof tights sound like the dream solution to an all-too familiar female clothing crisis. 
If they work they'll be a godsend. But I have to admit I'm sceptical. The makers claim these tights are revolutionary, but on first impressions they look pretty ordinary. 
They certainly don't feel different to my usual flesh-coloured ten deniers. Pulling them on, I make a point of keeping my watch on – I've snagged plenty of tights at this stage of getting dressed in the past. 
But the tights cope with the jewellery and my snagged nails admirably and survive in tact.
Leaving the house I catch my leg on the not-very-smooth front door. Normally the splinters would tear my tights straight away but to my surprise the ladder-free tights emerge unscathed.
I'm impressed but determined to put the tights through their paces. Walking at the edge of the pavement they effortlessly bat away the challenge of a menacing thorny shrub. 
Run-free: The tights are said to contain 'revolutionary technology'
Run-free: The tights are said to contain 'revolutionary technology'
Stopping for a coffee they shake off the threat of being torn by a rough wire chair. And as I clamber gracelessly into the back of a taxi and wait for the inevitable rip nothing happens – the tights are still as good as new. 
By the end of a busy day I'm still ladder-free and the tights have sailed through my tests with flying colours. 
They really do seem to be stronger than my usual stockings. And at £7.95 a pair they're not much more expensive either. 
I'm converted ... until I take off the tights and hear a familiar tearing sound. They have fallen at the last hurdle. My finger has gone straight through them, leaving a hole. 
Sadly, it seems that even revolutionary tights aren't totally immune to everyday wear and tear and I have to throw them in the bin. 
The non-run tights are definitely worth a try for a party – but I won't be abandoning my trusty M&S; black opaques just yet.


Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/femail/article-1274942/The-7-95-tights-impossible-ladder-Dont-believe-.html#ixzz0nLfKaKa1