Featured Fasionmylegs member Peldyn


Todays featured blogger is Peldyn from http://style-on-a-shoestring.blogspot.com/ and the fashionmylegs Flikr group.
Peldyn describes herself as a semi-retired costume and jewelry designer who is totally addicted to shoes and shopping. Did I mention I love shoes? I really mean it, I adore them!
Check out her blog with the link above.



3976044530_60b6940ce5_b

How do you get your inspiration for the outfits you wear ?
From the runway, fellow bloggers and sometimes from my dreams!

Who has had the biggest fashion influence on your outfits ?
I love Stacey London's style as well as Jennifer Love Hewitt's wardrobe on The Ghost Whisperer. For vintage style I love Casey at Casey's Elegant Musings.

What made you start posting your pictures on chictopia ?
chictopia? Ohhh I am going to have to check this out!

3954788048_1963b920fb_b

What blogs and websites do you follow and why ?
Thrift Candy -Because she shows how you can look fabulous from thrift store finds.
Casey's Elegant Musings- She is fun and has a lovely sense of vintage style.
The Coveted- For all sorts of fashion and beauty advice.
Already Pretty- Love that she feels we are all beautiful..
Hometown Girl- I love the bits of her life she shows on her blog.
Vintage Vixen- She reminds me of one of my daughters.
I really have a super long list, but I read these the most.

Would you describe yourself as a trendsetter or fashion follower ?
A bit of both. I like to do weird things with fashion, but I do like to be on trend at times as well.

How would you describe your style ?
Romantic with a touch of vintage.

4123386735_dea222eed3_b

Does the hosiery you wear dictate the clothes,outfit you wear ?
Certain pairs do! I have special ones that I build whole outfits around. Others are accents to outfits I have put together.

3976044150_15f0da798c_b

What is in your hosiery drawer or closet ?
I have tights, over the knee socks, stockings, thigh highs, ummm not sure how long this list can be *grin*

4220035012_51d075449d_b

4219273395_d1bbacb711_b



How do you choose your hosiery ?
I am an impulse buyer. If it is cute I buy it.

Where do you shop for hosiery ?
sockdreams, Target, Anthropologie. Those are the main places I buy them from.

4277577447_723d293446_b


What was the last item of hosiery you brought, how much you spent etc ?
Berry Bush tights from Anthropologie $18.00

Do you prefer sheer or opaque tights,stockings or holdups,socks or kneehighs,sheer toe or reinforced ?
I love ALL hosiery! Reinforced toe for boots, they last longer that way. I used to never buy knee highs, but I am liking them again. They look school girl when done right.

3448055691_3392a72b60_b

Do you ever wear 10 denier tights if so how long do they last you ?
Not sure what 10 denier is. I have had tights from the 1980's that are still in my closet :), and I have had tights that lasted a day (damn that trunk in the hallway!) I also have been know to darn my tights if I really love them!

When do you wear hosiery,daily-once a week etc ?
I suppose I wear some sort of hosiery at least 5 to 7 times a week depending upon the weather. Less in the Summer, more in the Winter

What is your hosiery staple ?
Tights!


3314552429_aab0b9f9d0_b

What are your style tips for wearing tights ?
Don't be afraid to go loud or make them the focus of your outfit!

Do you keep a spare pair of tights in your bag ?
I never thought of that, I just buy new if I have to. Okay, so it is any excuse to buy another pair *grin*

4277581699_eb6c90d96f_b


The best and worst things about hosiery, Love-hate ?
Love how they make my legs look and feel. Hate that they can be so expensive and that they get snags and runs.


Do you recycle your tights ?

Yes I do, I learned how to cut off tights to make stockings or over the knee and to add stretch lace to the top of them if needed. I do this for my daughter all the time, she is much harder on her hosiery than I am. You can also add cute lace appliques to cover holes if you do it just right.