Featured blogger Monocroma.chic


monochroma.chic


My blog: http://www.monochromachic.com
My chictopia: www.chictopia.com/KristaniA

[IMG_0287.JPG]

1. How do you get your inspiration for the outfits you wear?
A: I check out fashion & personal style blogs regularly to find some inspirations. I also like to play with the pieces I already have at home until I find the right mix :) Trial and error is what makes fashion so much fun!


2. What made you start posting outfit pictures on Chictopia?
A: It took me several months of lurking and stalking on fashionable Chictopians until I had the courage to post my own outfits. I guess staring at their outfits regularly really motivated me to participate in a community of real people (ie. non-models) who love and appreciate fashion like I do :) 

3. What blogs/websites you follow and why?
A: I follow blogs that suit my style and inspire me to try something new (in terms of fashion). You can check out my blog side bar for the list of blogs I read regularly :)


4. How would your describe your style?
A: practical, simple, elegant, modern, clean, and... age appropriate? hahaha.. I'm not into punk, grunge, rocker chic looks (doc martens ain't pretty, sorry...). Philip Lim, Chloe, Stella McCartney, Marc Jacobs are some of my favorite designers. You get the picture ;)


5. Would you describe yourself as a trend setter or a fashion follower?
A: Definitely a follower and I'm not ashamed of that :) I think everybody who are not working in the fashion industry is a fashion follower. What can differentiate you from the other "followers" is how you take one trend and make it your own, which is what I always try to do :)


6. What is in your hosiery drawer or closet ? 
A: I own A LOT of opaque (60+ den) black tights. I think black tights are super versatile and a staple in every woman's closet. I also own several black polkadot tights, a couple of striped tights, and a pair of lace tights which I LOVE! Other colors that I have are maroon, gray, and navy.

7. How do you choose your hosiery?
A: Choosing a pair of hosiery is like choosing a pair of jeans. They have to compliment your lower body, not to make your legs look shorter. That's why I always opt for dark-colored tights that give the impression of longer/slimmer legs :)

8. Where do you shop for hosiery?
A: H&M;! I love their Divided Line's 60 den tights (comes in a pack of 2). HUE also makes great black opaque tights that are soft to the touch and warm. For more unique styles, I like to browse on ASOS website :)


9. Do you prefer sheer or opaque tights,stockings or holdups,socks or kneehighs,sheer toe or reinforced ? 
A: Opaque with reinforced toe definitely! I own two pairs of over the knee high socks that I like to layer over my sheer tights. 

10. Do you ever wear 10 denier tights or sheer hose if so how long do they last you ?
A: I like to wear nude sheer knee-high stockings when I'm wearing jeans or trousers. They keep my feet from sweating when wearing heels :p They last for a decent amount of time. I usually toss them out after 10 usages or so. They're cheap and disposable ;)


11. Do you physically like the feel of tights and touch? Do your legs ache less, prefer than pants? 
A: Hahaha, this is an interesting question. The material is important because your legs can get really itchy if your tights are made from poor quality material. That's why I like cotton blend instead of 100% polyester or acrylic. I do prefer tights over jeans because they don't restrict my lower body movement. But a lot of girls have abused this reason by wearing tights AS pants. They're not substitute for pants! I wouldn't be caught dead wearing tights/leggings as pants.

12. What are your style tips for wearing tights?
A: Tights are the way to go when you want to wear short skirt, dress, or shorts but you don't want to show a lot of skin (like me!) Black tights look great with everything. Layer your (sheer) tights with over-the-knee socks for that extra oomph! You can also layer socks over tights when wearing ankle boots and let an inch of the sock peeks from underneath the boot. It can add a great yet subtle detail to your outfit :)

[IMG_0349.JPG]

13. The best and worst things about hosiery, Love-hate ?
A: HATE: whenever they rip or run, especially when it happens to my favorite pair :( Also, I can't wear them in the Summer. LOVE: they elongate my legs, especially when paired with high heels of similar color. They also give my lower body more freedom of movement than a pair of jeans :)


14. Do you keep a spare pair of tights in your bag ?
A: I should start doing that! Hahahaha...

15. Do you recycle your tights ?
A: How do you do this and what's the purpose? :P